We endeavor to provide the highest quality library services in all related fields and scientific research for undergraduate and graduate students, and members of academic staff. We constantly work on enriching our resources and electronic services and cooperation with national and international libraries and electronic databases.
• Creating a suitable learning environment for students.
• Providing modern references for students and members of academic staff.
• Providing support with literature and sources in all fields for members of academic staff and researchers.
• Providing up-to-date databases and e-books.
• Updating faculties resources with recent technological developments.
• Communicating and cooperating with national and international libraries.
• Linking the central library to other local, Arab, and international libraries to empower research within and outside the University.
• Providing technical support, and developing supporting materials.
• Enriching research in the Syrian Private University.
The central library seeks to provide knowledge and information for students and members of academic staff. It includes a considerable number of books, references, electronic databases, and electronic journals and books. The library is considered to be a cornerstone in SPU due to the impact it has introduced on research and the teaching and learning processes. For example, it has increased awareness to Arabic and foreign languages; it also has obtained new books and references at the request of members of academic staff. The library’s internal database search engine has been providing assistance for easy search and retrieval.
The University has given much attention to improve the library. Its location was strategically selected to mediate all faculties of the University. The library has two floors with a total space of 1,800m², the second floor is assigned for the Internet clusters, accommodating 50 PCs for students and 10 PCs teachers). There is also a large reading hall accommodating 168 student reading spaces. There is also a hall for stationary, printing and photocopying. The third floor is assigned for storing and borrowing books, periodicals and scientific references. It also has three reading rooms assigned for quiet reading. These rooms can accommodate up to 144 students. On this floor there is also a hall assigned for research and references (accommodating 40 students) Added to the Central Library, there is another main library in the Engineering Campus with a space size of 1,800 m² with the capacity of accommodating 296 students. Beside these two libraries, there is a separate specialized library in each faculty with an area of about 100m² accommodating 50 students at least. Overall, our libraries contain: more than 25,000 books, 10,000 e-books, 14,000 periodicals, and 400 documentaries.
The Electronic Library is the technical division of the Central Library and includes the following:
1. Securing access to global electronic libraries and databases
2. Providing e-Books for academic staff and students.
3. Providing electronic educational support materials.
Main Library at the Engineering Campus:
This library is set to meet the objectives, demands, and facilitate educational activities. It technically follows the Directorate of the University Central Library. The site of the library plays a vital role in achieving the goals of the University in terms of widening the scientific and cultural knowledge for students, administrators, and academics.
The library consists of two floors, with a total space of 1800m² accommodating 296 students. The first floor contains boardrooms (group-study rooms), an Internet cluster and a study hall. The second floor has a large hall for books, references and periodicals. There are more than ten thousand books, all classified, archived on an electronic database system for easy retrieval and borrowing. This library uses the open-stack system, yet library attendants are always there to provide help and support.
Conduct Rules Inside the Library
· show the membership card, the university card, or the ID card upon request.
· Renew the membership card on time or return it to the library.
· Keep Completely calm inside the library and keep it clean.
· leave personal belongings to deposit box before entering the library
· Make sure to complete all lending procedures before leaving the library.
· Consider all instructions related to the other services provided by the library, such as the internet, data base searching, and activities.
· delivery any unattended object that belongs to any third parties to the security
· Do not try to take any book outside the library before borrowing it officially.
· Do not remove any page from books, magazines, or letters.
· Leave the book on the table when finishing from it and do not return it to its shelf.
· Do not copy any visual, audio, or electronic materials on private tapes.
· Do not use mobile phone in the library and its halls.
· Do not use mobile cameras or other cameras to take photos of the library holdings.
· Do not have food and beverages inside the library.
· Smoking is completely prohibited inside the library and all its halls.
· Do not use personal computing devices except after approval of the library administration.