a. After adopting the student's academic results at the end of each semester, the university warns the student whose GPA is less than 2 points in either first or second semester, starting from the beginning of the following registered semester regardless of summer semester.
b. When a student receives a warning, he must deactivate it by raising his GPA to 2 points or more within a maximum of two academic semesters those follow the warning date.
c. A student is dismissed from specialization after the end of the period mentioned initem (b) of this article. A student, who has accomplished successfully (99) hours of credit hours of his study plan and his GPA is not less than (1.75) points or its equivalent percentage, is exempted. Ifthe student’s GPA drops to less than (1.75) in any later academic semester, he will be dismissed without warning.
A dismissed bachelor-student due to the drop of his GPA below 2 point,may be accepted in the special catch-up study according to the following provisions:
If his GPA is not less than (1.50) or its equivalent percentage, he is allowed four academic semesters to raise the average to the minimal level accepted to become a regular student. If he fails, he will not permit to complete the special study plan unless he accomplishes successfully 99 credit hours of the study plan with a GPA more not less than (1.75( points or its equivalent percentage. Inthis case,he will be permitted a maximum two academic semesters, thereafter he will be dismissed if he fails to raise the GPA to (2) points.
If the student's GPA is between (1.00-1.49) or its equivalent percentage, he will be allowed one academic semesterto raise his GPAto 1.50 or its equivalent percentage. If he accomplishes that, he will be granted additional three semesters to raise his GPA to the minimal accepted level. If he fails he will not be allowed topursue the special catch-up study,unless he accomplishes 99 credit hours of the study plan with a GPA more not less than (1.75) points or its equivalent percentage In this case, he will be permitted a maximum two academic semesters, thereafter he will be dismissed, if he fails to raise the GPA to (2) points.
- An accepted student in the special catch-up study will lose the right of transferring to another specialization if he accomplished the granted the four semesters of the special catch-up study and failed to raise his GPA to the minimal required level regardless of summer semester.
- Maximum study load of the accepted student in the special catch-up study is (15) credit hours in the first and second semesters and (6) credit hours in summer semester.
- A student, who gets less than (1) GPA point or its equivalent percentage in any semester that follows his first semester of joining the university, regardless the summer semester, will be dismissed from specialization. If he gets once more, less than (1) GPA point in any later semester, he will be dismissed from the university.
- A student, who has been dismissed from one specialization, is not allowed to be admitted in another specialization more than one time during his study period at the university. In all of these cases the director of admission and registration warnsor dismiss him officially. Warning or dismissing resolution will be reported to the student by his academic supervisor or by any other mean deemed appropriate by the universityto report the dismissing resolution to the student and to whom concerned at the university.
- A student academically dismissed from any specialization is not allowed to be admitted in it again.
- With regard to Article (14) of this guide, if a student gets I= Incomplete in an academic semester, and under dismissal from specialization or from the university due to his low GPA, he is subjected to the following:
- He is not allowed to pursue studying in the following semester unless all courses results are announced and his GPA is accordingly is higher than the required minimal level.
- He will be dismissedfrom the specialization or the university if he fails to raise his GPA after all courses results of that semester are announced.
- He will be dismissed from the specialization or the university if he exceeds the allowed maximum study duration.